Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, October 24, 2011

Plans for first Baptism..........

Hello all,
                 
               So this last week was really good. We started making baptism plans for the Flowerdews. They are really excited. I think that their friends that are members are going to baptize them, so we won't have to do anything just to show up and make sure it all runs good. I want the member family to baptize them because missionaries come and go but friends are always there and this will draw both families closer together. I hope that makes sense. We also picked up a new investigator this last week. His name is Lee. He is pretty cool. He really knows his Bible and it's hard because I don't know my Bible. Ha ha. I focus a lot on the Book of Mormon and not the bible. I got to start studying it. I was reading the story of Moses taking the children of Israel out of Egypt and all the things that happen. I thought that was pretty cool. I don't know if I have ever really read that before. Oh, our Philippine family is doing good. They did not show up to church this Sunday. I don't know why yet but we will crack down on them in a loving way of course. lol They have been hard to meet with lately because Rossalia has been really busy and she is taking some college classes right now. So I hope we can see her more this week. We are making good head way with the fewer actives. This ward has really started to notice that we are working with them and they like it. We have made a lot of member and none member friends up here. I just hope the next Elder's that come here don't let all the work go to waste.
              

              We still don't have any snow yet. Every day is about 28-35 degrees. It stays cold but it just doesn't snow at our area for some reason.  It's kind of bugging me. So how is the family doing? Today me and my comp are going up to Hatchers pass to go play in the snow and drive around. Hatcher's pass is the the area that I took the pictures I sent home. Now it's covered in snow. So I don't know what to tell you to send me. Mom, dad and sisters, I love you all with all my heart. Thank you for all the love and support you give me. You all have a great week and spread the word that the church is true and help the Elder's out the best you can.
 Love,
 Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment