Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Baptism in the making........

Hey family,
              How are ya all doing? I had a pretty good week. I was on exchanges for most of it. I taught four less active families and we had one preach my gospel lesson. And I put a boy on date to be baptized. It is the Philipino family we have been working with. Well I put her son on date. He will be baptized Jan 7th. I am excited for him. He will be a great example to his mom and siblings. I know it's bad to to have pride or to be proud of some one but I am really proud of Jay. So about the Bowser's ha ha that's funny she added you. She asked me if my mom had a Facebook account and what your name was so she could add you. I love that family. We are over there like once a week for dinner because they want us over all the time. The dad is a hunting guide and has offered to take me out on guided hunts once I am off my mission. They moved to Alaska a week before I got to Palmer ha ha. I will be sending a package home soon to you guys. It won't be a Christmas box but it will have some good stuff in there about being prepared. Dad will like it. I have not got the movies or the package from the church yet. When did they get sent out? Tell Avary that I got her letter and I am working on writing her back.
            I can't believe Christan is going on a mission. Wow that's flipin crazy. Mom what has happened since I have left?  That's really cool. Hey tell Jacob I wish him the best. Please give me his email so I can bug him and give him some tips about the mtc. Tell the Flake's they need to do the dear elder mail stuff. The first two weeks in the mtc are the hardest. I would love to hear from all my friends like David P. and Adam J.and stuff. I have not heard a word from them. I am glad every one at home is doing good. I miss all you guys alot. I really want to come home and see every one and have a normal life again but I got 18 months left. It's hard being here. It is a up and down battle every day. It's not always fun. When you teach people and see the light enter there eyes it makes it all worth it. It's still just so hard. I have become really close with a family up here. Their last name is the Mayberry's. They are so so cool. Me and the dad are like best friends. He is friends with R.K. Young and he was friends with Cleon Scousan. I don't know how to spell his name. Mom the things this man has seen and done in his life is amazing. He is very in to being prepared. He is a lot like dad just more of a goofball.  
              So I have been reading about the Gadianton Robbers in the Book of Mormon lately and dang they are still here today mom. It's crazy to read it and then you can read the news and stuff and see that they are still in the world. They have never left. It's kind of scary. Well I best be getting going. Have a great week and be safe. Bye.


 Love,
 Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment