Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hey Everyone,
          How are you doing? Thanksgiving was different that's for sure. It was weird not being around family. We had five different dinners. I have never been so full in my life, it hurt. So many people wanted us over and you have to eat otherwise they get upset. But it was good. So who was all at home for thanksgiving? I am glad mom got a good turkey recipe. I tried fried turkey for the first time. That is the best ever. You need to try it really.
          My testimony has grown so much since I have left home. I don't know how to put it in words.  I remember you telling me dad about the joy I would feel from bringing some one into the gospel and how you can't put it into words. Well dad I know what your talking about. Working with the Flowerdew's has been truly amazing. I don't know how to express my feelings about it. I think the coolest and most spiritual part for me was seeing the dad get the priesthood and then him give it to his son all in the same day and I got to stand in both circles. I was just crying. Dad I have never been so happy or proud of someone in my life. You can really see the people change and the light enter their eyes when they find the gospel.  Even if I for some freak reason I get sent home tomorrow, I will never ever forget  the Flowerdew's and how amazing the teaching process was.
            So Jacob gave his farewell talk. Wow that's crazy. I can't believe he leaves soon. No one will be home when I get home. All my buddy's will be gone. That's weird. So mom there is two farms I work at. There is the reindeer farm and then there is the Muscox farm .They are both different. So anyways things are going good here. It was another slow week for teaching but we got to see a lot of people. We just didn't teach any lessons so on the number aspect of it, it looks like we didn't do anything.
Well I best be going. I love you all. Have a good week. God speed.


Love,
 Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment