Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey Family,

We had a pretty good week. We had a baptism on Saturday. That went well. There were a lot of non-members there and they wanted to meet with us after the baptism and one of them told her member friend she wants to get baptized. Ha-ha. It was cool. I did not do so well on my talk but it got the job done. I was just not happy with it. I still hate giving talks. I hope they don't try and make me give a lot of talks when I get home because I will probably tell them no ha. I just want to do my home coming talk and that’s it.  Juneau is nice. We are having a lot of fun here. I love Palmer a lot more I really do but the fishing is way better here and it’s much prettier when you get a nice day which is not very often. It freaking rains here all the time. They say they get over 180 inches of rain fall a year here. That’s nuts.

I have some pictures I will be sending home on two SD cards. When you get the cards, post the pictures and keep the cards with you. I don't want them back. Don't lose them though. So you asked if Juneau is like Palmer. Um no not at all. There has been no service work here so far and I am in my suit a lot more. It kind of sucks. I like my Carhartt pants and boots better than a suit. This body is not made for a suit. Ha-ha. My birthday was good. A Tongan family did a surprise party for me and made me a cake and stuff. They are way good people. So I had a good birthday. It is weird to be saying I am 20. I don't feel 20. I still feel like I should be in high school or something.

Tell everyone thank you for the birthday cards. Tell Nana that I got her box. Thank you Nana. I love you and thank you Grandpa Bloom and Cathy. I love you guys two.

That story you told me about that guy who came to church brought a tear to my eye. That is so cool. One of the most powerful things we have to teach people besides the Holy Ghost is our testimonies. When you have an honest from the heart testimony and you have the spirit with you, you can touch anyone’s heart. I have learned this on my mission and the more you share your testimony the stronger it gets.

I miss you guys a lot. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about you all and pray for you. I hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment