Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, February 6, 2012

Juneau!

Hey Family,
  

I am doing much better today than I was yesterday. I seem to be on a roll with getting sick in every new area I go to. My first Sunday we were in church in the Young Single Adult sacrament meeting and I started to get really dizzy and nauseous. I told my companion that I don't feel so hot. I bucked up and made it through sacrament and then we had ward council right after that. As we were in class I was like crud I need to throw up. I was getting pale and could not focus. It was bad but somehow I hung in there and kept from throwing up but I made my companion take me home. As soon as I got home I ran to the bathroom and got sick. Ha-ha. It sucked. My head hurt so flipping bad yesterday. I don't know what the deal was with that. Ha-ha. So that was my first epic Sunday in Juneau.

Juneau is really pretty. It is a lot like home with lots and lots of big fir trees and cedars. We are right on the water too. The only thing is it is warm here. I miss the cold. It's like 34 degrees outside and clear today finally. It has rained the first four days straight. Juneau is pretty small but it’s still has city parts. It's not bad really because I can drive two minutes and be in the woods or on a river bank fishing for salmon. Ha-ha .There is really good fishing here I have been told. I hope I will make is down to Prince of Whales Island this summer so I can see Rich Bigelow and do some crazy good fishing. I will be sure to send home some fish.

Teaching in Juneau is the bomb. We have a lot of people we are teaching. We will have a baptism every weekend for the next four weekends! That's crazy! We do a lot of work with the Young Single Adult ward. There is a lot of Tongan people here too. I love it. They take good care of us. We have a baptism this weekend and I have to give a talk on baptism. I am kind of worried about it but I think it will go well. I really like my companion. We have a lot of fun together but he is getting me back on track with being obedient. Not that I was bad or anything I just didn't keep all the rules and I hated them but now I am following them better and it seems to be doing alright.

I am glad you got the boxes I sent home. Yes can you hang up the reindeer farm sweat shirt and the flannel jacket. Ha-ha. That's my pride and joy right there. That thing is so warm and I looked way good in that I tell you what ha ha ha. Thank you mom and dad for my birthday gift. I got it in the mail on Saturday. You guys are the bomb. 

Well things are going good. I still don't know what's going on in Juneau because I just got here but I will tell you more as I learn more. Well I got to get rolling. You all have a good day. Follow the teachings of our Heavenly Father.


Love,
Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment