Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, February 27, 2012

New Investigator :)

Hey Family,

Ha ha. So Caitlin told you about hunting the squirrel? It was pretty funny. It helped us relax and then to focus back on our mission work. (Ammon and his companion live in a house with the zone leaders). You can't do mission twenty four seven. It will burn you out. Tell all the girls I want letters back and I will get to them as soon as possible. We are so busy here it's hard to get time to write.
            This last week was freaking awesome for us and our mission work! We started teaching a new guy. He is 16 and his name is Tanner. He has had a lot happen to him and he has done a lot of dumb stuff like dealing drugs and that kind of stuff. Well, he has a couple of good Mormon friends that have been working with him. He has been looking for a change. He wants to have peace and happiness in his life. He thinks a lot about his future and he saw where he was going and that was not where he wanted to be. We started teaching him this Thursday. We had a great lesson. We brought three other converts with us to the lesson along with Tanner's Mormon friends. There was like ten of us at the lesson. The spirit was so strong and you could see the Holy Ghost working and touching his heart. He did not know much about the Bible or Christ or anything so it was a simple basic lesson. I think those are the best lessons anyways. Just as Mike Sutherland taught me, “keep it simple stupid.” Ha ha. That's how I keep my lessons. After the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he said yes. We've met with him every day since Thursday and he came to church this Sunday and loved it. He said "I feel comfortable here and welcomed". He wants to share this message with his family but they are being a little stand offish right now. He really loves that families can be together forever. I was able to talk about that and bear my testimony of it and how much it means to me and it was awesome. My eyes were watering just as his were. The power of the Holy Ghost is real and it can pierce any heart.
            Thank you for the box of shampoo and stuff. I really needed it. Ha ha.  The calendar is for me mom. I needed one and I like John Wayne. He is one of my heroes. Yesterday it snowed all day and into the night and it is still snowing today. It has finally gotten cold enough to stick and not melt. I hope it keeps on coming! Oh and in this area we have a car. We drive a Subaru Impresda. I don't know how to spell it.  I kind of like that car. Mom I have got a few good pictures of the water and the mountains around here but my SD car is not full enough to send home. When it is full I will send it.  I bought three other SD cards so I have more. About the fishing, there is good salmon fishing here and halibut too but I have to go on a boat for that and I can't do that unless it is a charter boat. I will be sure to send home most all the fish I catch ok. I got hook ups on sending things home. A lot of Polynesian’s work at fed-ex so I can ship for almost nothing. Ha ha. Oh there is a drink the Tongan's make for big parties called ottie. Mom you would flippin love it! Really its good stuff and they are teaching us how to make it this next weekend and giving me the recipe. So when I get home I will make it for you!  Well I hope you all have a great week. Keep up the good work and help the Elder's out. Find people for them to teach.


Love,

Elder Woolbert

 

No comments:

Post a Comment