Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, March 12, 2012

Listen to the Holy Ghost!

Hey Family and Friends,

            How are you all doing? I was really sad to hear about that new family and what happened to them. No parent should have to deal with the loss of their child like that and then have the freaking media all over them. I will be sure to pray for them. They are going to need all the help they can get. A time like this is when you really fall back on your testimony and our faith in Jesus Christ.

So this week was not good for mission work. My companion turned into a pile the last two weeks of his mission before he went home. Nothing really happened. I am so glad he is gone now. He was ready to go home. I liked him but being with him that long and at the end of his mission was bad. He left this morning and my new comp flies in tonight. I heard good things about him. So Tanner was supposed to get baptized this last Saturday but at the last minute his parents said no. So we are working with him still and he is a great kid we are just waiting for his parents to come around you know? He is only 16 too. So that's the mission work here the only thing worth reporting this week. Sorry.

I want to send you home with a lot of good fresh fish. I am working on getting you a bunch of halibut but if I do get it I will sent it by cold fright down to the Seattle airport and you will have to pick it up there. It costs way too much to ship a fifty pound box to the house. It would be over 150 dollars. Just FYI. So anyways today is finally a nice day. It has not been nice in a long time. I have not seen to many nice places in Juneau because my companion didn't want to go anywhere or do anything but I will see a lot more this transfer. I will send you home pictures.

I am glad Sister Jensen liked the letter. I just get the feeling to write random people sometimes and I felt like I needed to write her about Adam. I guess the Holy Spirit was guiding me. ha. I think the Holy Ghost is always giving us ideas and guiding us in our lives but the hard part is listening to it and knowing that it is the Holy Ghost not just your mind making things up. It has been something that I have been learning on my mission. When we do follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost good things normally happen. Tell Avary I am proud of her for giving a good talk.

So I don't have to much more to say right now. Hope you all have a good week. Make sure you stand in holy places and always and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Talk to you all later. Bye


Love,
Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment