Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Job offer!

Hey Family and friends,

             I had a good week. This last Saturday our investigator got married. It was way cool. He is going to get baptized this Saturday. We had to do a lot of work for the wedding. We had to clean the area where they got married and set up the church for the after party with the help of the Lady's in the ward of course. Then we partied and supported the bride and groom. It was fun. So the other girl we were going to put on date to be baptized, well we had a great lesson with her and invited her to be baptized and she was kind of scared and hesitant at first but she said yes but she did not have a date set. Well she came to church on Sunday and she was all excited and she said her fears have gone away and she wants to be baptized and we set the date for the 30th of this month. We are way excited for her. She is a native and her family is way against her getting baptized but she doesn't care. She does not live at home anyways. So things are going good. Tanner is really busy and kind of falling away right now. He has baseball everyday and is in school so it's hard to meet with him but we are still trying to work with him. He is a great kid and can go way far in life.


              So I got offered another job yesterday and I am going to take the job when I get off my mission. This family in my ward owns a fishing guide outfit and they hire returned missionaries to work for them in the summer. It's a sweet job and the pay is good. I will be is Alaska all summer until September. Ever thing is paid for, room and board. All I do is work Monday through Friday and half days on Saturday and then we all fish for fun. Then on Sunday we do church out at the lodge and stuff its way cool. I have always wanted to do something like this and they really want me to come out and work for them. He told me that the job is mine if I want it and he will be keeping in touch with me. The only down fall to this job is I will get home from my mission and the next week I will fly back up here for all summer to work. Ha-ha. Sorry mom. I know you won't like that but I am going to do it. I would love to open my own fishing lodge some day. This will teach me how to do it and I will get good money around $750.00 a week and I get a lot of fish to send home. I am way excited about it and when I am up here I am going to take some college classes online. Then transfer down to Idaho or a community college. I would like to hear what you think about this mom and dad. I will be sending home a DVD about the lodge and I will send the sd cards to.

           So the weather has been amazing. Sunny everyday and warm weather. I am really liking it up here. The work is going good. I was really sad to hear about Jerry. Your story mom made me cry. That is so cool. I am glad you were able to experience something like that. Not very many people get to have something like that happen in their lives. Please do his temple work. I have been learning how to do family history and I have started my family tree. It's way cool.


            Well I hope you all have a great week. Be the best you can be. I love all of you and I think about everyone in the ward back home often. Sorry that I do not always get letters or emails out to everyone but your letters are much enjoyed. Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment