Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Thursday, June 28, 2012


Hey Family and people from home,

          My companion and I had a good week but it seemed long at times. But that's like every week. On the way to emails this morning just down from the place where we live there was a momma moose on the side of the road in the trees and when we got closer to look she had two very new calves with her. That was cool to see. I would guess she had them this last week. So we got some cool up close pictures.

           Well not too much happened this week. I benched 280 pounds twice on Wednesday. That was cool. Then on Saturday we went to help out at a marathon. Haha. That was fun. We were there from 7 in the morning until around 2 in the afternoon. We had to leave because we had other things to do, but I
got a t-shirt out of it and I got two medals. Haha.  Then Saturday night and Sunday night we had two firesides. The one on Saturday was my favorite. The speakers where Micheal Maclane and Hank Smith. Micheal Maclane is the guy who wrote and directed Mr. Krouger's Christmas. Your favorite movie mom. He spoke to us. Dang he was funny. He gave his whole talk from the piano. He is also a singer and song writer. So he would play us music and talk about the church and the meaning of his songs.  He gave some of his life stories. He said the reason he was on the piano giving a talk is because everything is better with background music. It sets the tone. Haha. I wish I could have recorded it. Then Sunday night we had another fireside. That one was cool too but I didn't like it nearly as much as the other one. So it was a good weekend.
           We are hoping to have a better teaching week this week. No one is ever home in the summer
 time. Everyone in Alaska leaves like all summer. I don't blame them though. So if you could get Br. P to bring up my pistal that would be good. That's the only thing I need right now. I hate hiking without a dang gun but I doubt you will actually send it to me. It would be nice though.
            Just tell the people in Utah I say hi. One of my old companions lives in St. George and he is off his mission now. I wish I could go see him. Oh I guess I will when I get home.
             So I was the one that knocked on Sara's door and she did not get to it. But the other Elder's went back that day and talked to her. The Elder's in her area are way good guys and I like them a lot but I will try and get out to meet her one of these
 days. 
(Sara is Dan and Noreen Edmond's duaghter)
            Well I got to get going. I don't have much time left. Thanks for the box and the letters and the pictures of Lindsay. You guys are the best. Have a great week.


Love,
   Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment