Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, August 20, 2012

8/6/2012
Dear Family,

Well that was a very long email you sent me mom. Sorry my email won't be that long. I don't have enough time for that and I don't have that much to say. Ha-ha. We had a good week. Joey is the guy with the brain tumor and the guy that lives next to him is the less active guy. So I hope that clears things up a bit. Oh mom I am sorry that I totally didn't even tell you happy birthday. So happy birthday! So your 29 years old right? Hahahaha.  I am really sorry about the stupid Nissan. I can't even imagine how frustrated you all must be. So I won't tell you what I think about the car. Just have faith and turn to the Lord.

So we only met with Joey once this last week. He was busy every time we stopped which is really weird. So nothing crazy happened with me. But he is reading the Book of Mormon and that's good. He says he likes it. The big news of the week was we started meeting with this less active lady two weeks ago. Her name is Minnie. Well she is really cool and wants to come back to church. We had a great lesson with her the first time we met and this last week we went over to teach her and she had her friend over too and she is a nonmember. So we talked and didn't jump right into a lesson. We took it slow and we talked about church as a whole and other people's views and well we said some stuff that sparked her interest. Then I felt so prompted to explain the Book of Mormon to her and what it was all about. I gave her a brief history of it and then I asked her if she would like a Book of Mormon. She said yes. She was very excited and we set up another lesson with both ladies for this week. I think it will be great to teach this new lady and have her less active friend with her. So that was the high light of my week.
                
         So last Monday for p-day we went to Girdwood and did a hike in the rain. It was fun. It was like a 5 mile hike. The whole point of the hike was to go across this canyon on a hand tram. It's a big metal bucket you stand in and you pull yourself across with a rope. It was pretty cool. There was a glacier river running below us. It was fun.
                
         Well hmm, I do not know what else to really tell you all.  Well I guess I got to get going. Have a great week you all. Choose the right and remember who you are.

 Love,
 Elder Woolbert


No comments:

Post a Comment