Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, August 20, 2012

New Companion!

7/23/2012
Dear Family and Friends,

                Sorry for the short emails. I love hearing about home and from other people it's just hard to email a lot to you all because not much ever changes with us. We are trying to bring people closer to Christ. That's what we do all day all week all month for two years. Ha-ha. But this week I got my new companion. His name is Elder Burnham. He is from a small town in Arizona about 45 min from Snow Flake. He has been out about 6 months. He is a good kid. We have a lot of fun. The mission president has been good to me lately and giving me great companions.

Oh, so dad I benched 300 pounds this week. Ya buddy. I am not a bubble gum anymore. I will catch up to you one day old man. Ha-ha. I am getting pretty strong out here. I think it's my man strength kicking in but I keep getting bigger. Ugh the Woolbert genes. Oh well. Well you asked what we do for prep. days here. Well this morning I went fishing and skipped emails. We didn't catch anything. The fish have not hit the rivers up here yet. But it was still fun. Two weeks ago we hiked Flat Top. It's a big steep mountain that overlooks Anchorage and the bay. It's way pretty but a crappie hike. I don't like uphill hiking. But other than that we have not done anything really cool. It's different here in Anchorage. We almost never have service work and when we do it's really weird random community service. But we have moved like 6 people since I have been here. It's nothing like Palmer. But oh well. I think I will be in Anchorage until October maybe. I am not quite sure just a guess. I hope that I can see Dan and Noreen too. They are a hoot.
                
           Yes I got your letter this week. It was nice, thank you very much. I am glad you all had fun St. George. I want to go to the Grand Canyon again too. The last time I was there I was like 5 or 6. I am an old man now. So I will be waiting for a package from you all. I sent a letter out today for you all so don't get mad if it's not long enough. I just don't have time and I don't enjoy writing a 4 page letter. Ha-ha.
 Well I don't know what else to say. I love you all and I really enjoy the letters and emails. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment