Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, October 1, 2012


Hey People Back Home,

Well we had our first snow this weekend it came from totally out of nowhere. I guess winter is on its way early this year. I am not really ready for it yet but it's not my choice.

So I am doing good. Things have been so slow lately. All the nonmembers we are working with have bailed this last week. The only one we have made contact with is Joey. He is in the hospital and the doctor’s don't know what's wrong with him. He says his bones hurt so bad and that he can't move. I guess he was passed out in his house for a couple of days before his friend found him. That's not good. And I was knocking on the door when he was passed out but I could not break into the house. Ugh it really bothers me.  He could have died in the house if his friend did not show up. But we are visiting Joey in the hospital now and he is getting the help he needs.

We visited all less active members this last week. We met a lot of new people and got some to come to church and we got one older couple to set a goal of going to the temple. So that was cool. But other than that we have just been trying to stay busy. Saturday all we did was service. We helped paint a church book store in the morning and then after that we helped a member in the ward that's a state trooper put in a fence. Then after that we had to go help a single lady change out her street tires to her snow tires. It felt so good to work all day. I can't tell you how much I miss work.

I know that I have spent a lot of money. I looked at my bank balance. I pulled out those five dollars because I had to wash my clothes and it cost me 5 dollars to just wash my one load of whites and one load of colors. I hate the prices up here and we do not get enough money. I am cutting back.  I will get better on my spending.

I am out of time. I emailed Grandma and Grandpa Simkins but I need to go so I can email my mission president now. So have a good week and what's dad's new job? I have heard that he got a new job from two other people but I have not heard anything from you all?  I love you all and I hope and pray we all have a good week.

 Love,
Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment