Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Thursday, October 11, 2012

What a week?!


Dear Family and Friends,
                
              What a week? We were watching another elder for a good chunk of the week and helping him move out of his old apartment into a new one and cleaning and all that.  But we did have two cool things happen. First off we got a referral from some other missionary. It is a Russian man and his wife.  I am excited to start teaching them. I hope it goes well. Then the other cool thing is there is a less active guy I have been working with for a long time who has started coming to church and is doing really good. His wife is a nonmember and she is native. Well they came to General Conference.  It was so cool but the best part was that the less active guy called us last night and said hey my wife wants to take the lessons and get baptized.  I was so excited. I had a feeling she was warming up to the church but I just didn't know how long it would take. So that was the highlights of the week. Also it was transfer calls. I am staying in Jewel Lake and with the same companion that I have. It should be a good transfer I hope.
                
             Well mom, I heard from the book store lady that you’re wishing that my emails were longer. Well I am sorry but I don't have all the time I would like to email. Plus I do not know what to say half the time. So much happens in the week and I normally forget about stuff when it comes to emails. So I am sorry that my emails are not up to par but that's all you’re going to get. Ha-ha. My hands are tied mom. Lol. I am glad that phone call made your day. I figured it would. (Ammon has been doing service work for a book store in Anchorage. The manager of the store is L.D.S. and had asked Ammon for my number so she could call me and tell me about how wonderful Ammon has been to her.)

Well conference was amazing. I knew Curtis and Frazier would be happy about the age change. I think it is way cool. It needed to happen. The hardest time for a future missionary is after high school waiting to turn 19. That's when Satin works way hard to get you off track. Now there is no waiting time, you just go. I think its way good. I took a lot of notes on conference but I don't have time to talk about them sorry.
                
            Thank you so much for telling me about Mike. He has been on my mind a lot lately. I am glad he is doing ok. I will be waiting for a letter from him. So you still have not told me about dad’s new job? What is it? Please fill me in. Thanks. Oh and I haven’t received the box you sent yet.
                
           Well I am sorry but I have to get going. I love you all and I miss you a lot. Study out the talks that were given. There is a lot to be learned in there. Have a great week and remember who you are.
   
Love,
   Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment