Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Monday, January 7, 2013


Dear Family,

So I will get to your questions first so I don't forget. Yes the number that I called you from at Christmas is my same number that Br. Pehrson can contact me at and yes I got Aunt Nette's card. Tell them thank you for me. It was really good. And as for what you can send me, I do not know. How about some really healthy breakfast cereal?  I need something that will fill me up but is really good for you and not full of crap. So pretty much organic cereal. Me and my companion are going on a diet. I hate diets but we have to. Our bodies just can't handle the crap anymore. It really wears you down. But it's all good.  We are going to buy some good stuff today and we are getting the ward to not feed us dessert anymore. That's a killer. Well my new companion is Elder Gardner. He is from Colorado. He seems alright. No problems yet. So I am crossing my fingers. I guess that I have learned to just adapt to each companion change. It makes things so much easier.

Thank you mom for sharing that story about you praying and getting that prayer answered. Like I have said before, the Lord is very mindful of our needs and when we show our faith things happen. It’s almost always predicated upon our faith and on the Lord's time. Thank you mom for having the Faith that you have and being an example to me and to the rest of the family.

So this week was kind of slow for mission work. I didn't get my companion until Thursday afternoon so I was in a three some Tuesday and Wednesday and part of Thursday. So not much happened. All three of us were covering different areas. It was a joke but we made up for it. We picked up a new investigator and that was cool. It is an 11 year old boy and his sister who is 8. We will teach both of them but only the 11 year old counts as an investigator. But that's all good. I am not a number grubber. Two of our investigators moved this last week to a far out part of our area. It takes us 35 min to drive there from our house and that's not going the speed limit, that's speeding. Ha-ha. But it's cool. They needed to move and they are renting a nice house and it will save them some money. They are moving right along in the lessons and slowly making the changes that they need to meet the gospel standards. I hate to say standards but that is the way Father in Heaven wants us to live. The gospel is really cool. It never ceases to amaze me. So I am almost done with reading the Book of Mormon again for the 3rd time. Next I am moving on to the Doctrine and Covenants. I have never read that cover to cover. It should be good. Lots to learn in there.

Well I don't have any big plans today but it should be fun. But I got to get going. I love you all. Have a good week and be safe.

Love,

Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment