Mission Home Address:

Elder Ammon Woolbert
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99502





Saturday, February 23, 2013

Miracle week!!!!


Dear Family and Friends,

                 This was an interesting last week. I was pretty upset this last week with transfers and I wrote to my mission president about it and he sent his wife after me to make sure that I was ok and that I wouldn't be mad at them. She told me that I was supposed to stay in Fairbanks for this last transfer and then they went to the temple right before they call the missionaries to tell them there transfers. While they were there at the temple they felt very strongly to take me out of Fairbanks and that I needed to go to this ward in Eagle River. She said that they don't know why I was taken other than the fact that they were told to. And it's not their fault, I did just not want to do what the Lord wanted me to do at the moment, I guess you could say.

                So my new area is ok. To tell you the truth it’s been run into the ground by some elders not doing their jobs. Nothing has happened here in a long time. My companion is something else as well. He is a good kid but wow he is different.  The Lord keeps putting me with elders or a district that needs help. It's like I am the fix it man. Since I have got in this area we have picked up three new investigators and it's been good. We need to start busting through the less actives though. This area needs to be worked over and I guess that's what I get to do. I kind of hope to only stay here one transfer and then off to an area that I can go fishing at. Lol. This new area is big so I cover part of Eagle River and then Chugiak as well. It's all connected. As for my mail you can send it to there or the mission office. I would probably say the mission office because I do not know when I am getting transferred.

 I would love to see the Edmonds again. They are fun people. As far as the healthy snacks that's cool, send them my way. I would be all over that. And if you want to send me some Quinoa that would be great as well. Did you ever get my box at the post office with the fur pelts? I hope you put the fox in the freezer.

So there was kind of a miracle for me in the last couple of days. Me and Elder Gardner, my last companion from Fairbanks, and Elder Bernie my companion from before that are driving up to Fairbanks tomorrow for a week. Well until this Monday. Something happened and it just happens to work out that we get to go up there. Something like this has never happened before. We are not allowed to drive up there in the winter. It's a 7 hour drive up there. Hahaha. I am jacked up. I get to go to Jared's baptism and I get to see all my people again. That right there makes this transfer good. I wanted to be at that baptism and see my people again. So I will be there for 5 days. There are a lot of people that I didn't get to say good bye to that I need to see. So that will be good.

                Oh and I got permission to go to Palmer for my p-days because it's close.  I will be seeing my Palmer people soon. Well tell Emily congratulations. Another Brazil missionary. It will be quite the experience for her. There are so many people going to Brazil. Dang. I would have died there. Oh well.

 Well, I got to get going now. You all have a good week and be safe .Mom don't worry, I am always safe and I will be home shortly. Ok. Less than four months. Hahahaha.

 

Love,

Elder Woolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment